Monday, January 31, 2011

Valentine Lollipops Made From Candy Canes

That's right I made Valentine lollipops with Christmas candy canes. I tried making the lollipops with two different types of mini candy canes.



The mini candy canes on the right are not the right size - they do not make a cute lollipop. They make a long and pointy lollipop.

So make sure next Christmas when you buy your mini candy canes for this project that they are the shorter mini candy canes. You can also buy mini candy canes after Christmas on sale.


First preheat your oven to 300 degrees and lay some parchment paper over your cookie sheet and lay your candy canes out in a heart shape so that when they come out of the oven you can place the sticks in and that they will overlap in any way.


I baked my candy canes for 3 minutes. Your oven may be different you might need a minute more or a minute less. I guess it could also depend on the brand of miniature candy canes.

Once my candy canes came out of the oven after three minutes I put a lollipop stick in the bottom point and pinched the softened candy cane around the lollipop stick. Be careful the the candy cane is very warm and sticky. Then let the lollipop harden for about four to five minutes. Then you can peel it off the parchment paper and package in a small plastic treat bag and tie with a ribbon.


I think this would look cute without the lollipop stick  - you could just use the candy cane hearts to decorate cupcakes or cakes.


These would make a cute classroom, neighborhood or sports team treat.  I made over seventy-five of these lollipops. They are super simple to make just really time consuming. 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment