Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Bowl Bracelets

I was thinking what could I do for a football/Super Bowl craft? So I looked in my craft area and decided to make bracelets.


First I found some football beads then I found the alphabet beads and bingo - I had an idea. However, I think I used the wrong kind of stretchy string - I only had black and clear would have worked a lot better.


When you string the alphabet beads to make words - you need to add the spacers in between - like I did with the small silver beads.


I think these would be fun for the kids to make while your favorite team plays. You can get everything you need at Michael's or your local bead shop.

When I was growing up I used to bead for hours under the shade of the big tree in my front yard. Neighbors would buy necklaces and bracelets from me for $1 and I used to ride my bike alone or with a friend my age to the bead store.

How times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment