Thursday, December 19, 2013

Eggnog Bread



Last Christmas season I had a slice of eggnog bread at a party and wanted to go right home and Google eggnog bread recipes. However, I think I came home and fell asleep. Then I compulsively put all of my holiday decorations away. After all the holiday items are back in the storage containers I then compulsively clean the house. So I sorta forgot about the Eggnog bread recipe until this Christmas season.

I found this recipe on the just a pinch recipes and I am also planning on trying out at least one more eggnog bread recipe before the holiday season is over.

Sometimes I like eggnog and other times I have had eggnog and thought it was yucky. But this recipe is perfect. Eggnog lovers will love it! And eggnog haters will also love it!

I was without an oven for almost 12 days - once my oven was finally fixed I ran out and bought some eggnog so that I could make an eggnog bread!

This is a really easy recipe - in fact you probably have everything you need in your pantry and refrigerator with the exception of the eggnog and rum extract. I happened to have rum extract in my pantry so I only needed to get some eggnog.


Ingredients:

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 cup eggnog

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 teaspoons rum extract

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Glaze:

3/4 cup powdered sugar

enough eggnog to make a glaze

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 inch pan.

Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the sugar, eggnog, melted butter, rum and vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients until everything is smooth and combined. Gently fold in the flour, baking powder and nutmeg.

Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let the loaf pan cool on a wire rack for about ten minutes.

Invert the loaf pan on the wire rack and turn the loaf over. Place the wire rack over a baking sheet.


Mix the powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of eggnog until the glaze is nice and thick. I actually made the glaze twice and because I like a lot of glaze.


Once the glaze is firm you can slice and serve the bread. Yum! This would make a great hostess gift or breakfast treat for Christmas morning.


I sliced mine a little two early and some of the glaze pooled a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment