Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Star Ornaments - Joy to the World! (From Recycled Items)

I have been working on some Star Ornaments for a few days! I made them from items in my craft cabinet. I am going to bring some to our 6th Grade Bible Study class for all the kids and some will go to the Sunday evening Mass choir members (my daughter sings in the choir) and of course her sweet piano teacher will get one!


Don't these look cute? I cut them out of cardboard. These ornaments would make a cute choir or music recital gift tag.


I used my Star cookie cutters to create the above pattern.


Then I used next size cookie cutter to cut out the music wrapping paper.


I used a glue stick to apply the music wrapping paper to the cardboard.


I used red ribbon, black ribbon and twine to decorate the Stars. I used a hot glue gun to apply the bows to the top of the Stars.


The last steps were to add a mini candy cane and a red ribbon loop with a hot glue gun. Then I added "The First Noel" tag with a glue dot.


The "Joy to the World" ornaments have little heart beads and a twine loop! I need to save one of these for my special friend Joy!


The "Oh Holy Night" ornaments have a pink rhinestone and a black ribbon loop! "Oh Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song. What is your favorite Christmas carol?

I would love it if you left a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment