Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mini Apple Pies


This is a super easy recipe and can be adapted to any fruit filling. Next week I will make mini pumpkin pies.


Whenever I make miniature pies I l use a standard 12 cup muffin pan. Then I line each cupcake cavity with a square of foil. Then I spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.  You will use the foil to remove each pie once it has cooled.


Now I unroll a pre-made piecrust - such as Pillsbury. Cut 12 round circles using a cup to cut the circles and press the circles into each cupcake cavity. Then fill with pre-made apple filing.


I used my leaf punch (from Williams Sonoma) to put a leaf on top of each little pie.



They still sell these little kits at Williams Sonoma. I saw the most beautiful pie with all of the above cutouts around the edges.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes - until the pie crusts are golden brown.


These little pies would be perfect to serve after Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment