Thursday, May 26, 2011

Picnic I Brought To the Ball Field

Christian has been playing two to three baseball games a week. It is really gross to eat snack bar food two to three times a week. So I always try to pack a healthy picnic dinner to bring to the ball field.


While I was trying to pack the picnic - my husband took the picnic basket and skipped around the house. He thought he was super funny.  Needless to say I did not think he was funny at all. However I must admit his Yogi Bear imitation is spot on! Apparently he was Yogi Bear and I was Boo Boo and he was stealing a Pic-a-nic basket.


I put some jars of pasta salad into the picnic basket.


So after I packed the jars of pasta salad, I added some bags of potato chips and mini candy bars (both from Trader Joe's).


Then I made turkey sandwiches. I made these sandwiches on a fresh baguette. First I wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Then I wrap them in parchment paper and tie with some kitchen twine.


I forgot to tell you what I used to decorate the top of the pasta jars - cupcake liners! So the next time you go to the ball field - instead of bringing takeout - pack a picnic.  Oh and don't forget the drinks and napkins.

1 comment:

  1. I love picnics. My family thinks I am corney, I say long live the picnic!!!!

    ReplyDelete