Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pie Pops!

Today is International Pi day! So I made some Pie Pops for dessert. I think they came out super cute!


I just used simple store bought pie crust and canned cherry pie fruit filling. The next time I make them I will probably use homemade pie crust and filling.

Ingredients:

Pie crust - store bought or homemade

Fruit filing - store bought or homemade

Flour for rolling out the pie dough

Egg white and pastry brush

Lollipop sticks

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, Roll out the pie dough and cut out 2 1/2 inch circles. Even though I used store bought pie crust - I still rolled it out a little so that everything was the same thickness.


Place the circles on the baking sheet.



Press a lollipop stick onto the dough circle and cover with your favorite fruit filing. I used cherry filling.



Cover the cherry dough circle with another dough circle and crimp the edges using a small piece of lollipop stick. I just broke a lollipop stick in half. Then using a pastry brush - light brush the top of each pie pop with the egg white and bake for approximately 12 minutes.


So easy and such a fun presentation. You could also omit the lollipop sticks and simply make little pies.



When they come out of the oven they should be golden brown. Wait a few minutes before you take them off the pan.

Quick tip: Just put a tablespoon of filling - if you use too much filling - it is hard to crimp the edges.

Happy International Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment