Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baked Crab Cakes

Every Friday during Lent I make Crab Cakes - I often experiment with different Crab Cake recipes. I like to shake things up a little. Although I almost always make my Lemon Dill sauce to accompany my Crab Cakes.


These are so easy to make and I can make the salad and set the table while they are baking.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup bread crumbs plus a few tablespoons for sprinkling on the top

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon mustard powder

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

2 teaspoons Old bay Seafood Seasoning

1 tablespoon mayonnaise

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

2 eggs - lightly beaten

1 pound fresh lump crab 


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.

Combine all of the ingredients (except the extra tablespoons of breadcrumbs) in a large bowl and stir to combine.



Shape the Crab Cake mixture into 10 - 12 Crab Cakes. Place the Crab Cakes onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with the extra bread crumbs.


Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the Crab Cakes over with a spatula and bake for another 15 minutes.


They come out golden brown and are a little more figure friendly - since they are baked instead of fried.

Serve warm with your favorite sause and a salad. These would also make a great appetizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment