Friday, March 8, 2013

Breakfast at Tiffany Jewerly

I have been making and buying treats for the "Breakfast at Tiffany" themed goodie bag that I am making for the sorority girls.  I saw some beautiful "Breakfast at Tiffany" themed jewelry on Etsy. However, it was over budget! So I decided to make my own jewelry using Modge Podge and some Post-its.


I found some "Breakfast at Tiffany" Post-it notes at Michael's for $1. Bargain!



Then I bought some Podgable shapes.


And of course a bottle of Modge Podge.


I cut out the images from the Post-its and used three coats of the Modge Podge.


I also added little beaded pearl and silver ribbon around the edges with a hot glue gun. The pearl ribbon is also from Michael's.


I strung the necklaces with extra little silver heart charms or diamond rings. The thin Tiffany colored ribbon is from JoAnne Fabrics - it was on sale.


I happened to have a bunch of silver rings in my craft cabinet and I simply hot glued the ring to the back of each little shape.


I also had some pins in my craft cabinet. So I glued the pin on the back of some of the larger images.


I also Modge Podged images onto a little white box - I am using these boxes as the jewelry box. So for the cost of one necklace on Etsy - I made 41 pieces of jewelry and 41 little boxes. It was a ton of work - but totally worth it!

I would love it if you left a comment and/or sign up to be a follower.


No comments:

Post a Comment