Saturday, March 9, 2013

Homemade Shamrock Shake

My son loves the McDonald's Shamrock Shakes! I happened to notice a lot of homemade Shamrock Shake recipes on Pinterest and decided to try out the recipes at home. The last time he was sick - he had no appetite. But the once he started feeling a little better - the first thing he wanted a Shamrock Shake.

You only need a few ingredients and a blender to make a Shamrock Shake at home.

Ingredients:

4 cups of good quality Vanilla ice cream

1 3/4 cup milk

1/2 tablespoon of mint extract

2 drops of green food coloring

whipped cream

green sprinkles (optional)

maraschino cherry

Directions:

In a blender add the ice cream, milk, mint extract and green food coloring. Blend until it is the same lovely mint color as the McDonald's Shamrock Shake.


Have a little taste - do you need to add a little more mint extract? Is it a little runny? Add a little more ice cream. P.S. I have a Breville blender and I LOVE it!


This recipe filled three huge glasses. I gave each a dollop of whipped cream and a few sprinkles. I am the only one who likes cherries.


These were so easy to make. My husband liked it better then the McDonald's shake. But Christian said I used too much mint - next time he wants me to use less mint extract. You can't please everyone!

My tradition whenever I post a St. Patrick's day craft or recipe is to end with an Irish Blessing.

May your Blessings outnumber the Shamrocks that grow. And may Trouble avoid you wherever you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment