Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Shamrock Sugar Cookies

I made these cookies for our 6th grade Bible study class. They are to be a reminder of the Holy Trinity. Or you can just make them to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!


First make your favorite sugar cookie recipe and cut out the cookies with a shamrock cookie cutter. Yesterday I saw some shamrock cookie cutters at Michael's for one dollar. But the St. Patrick's Day items are on sale for 40% off this week at Michael's. So the cookie cutter is only .60 cents!


Once your sugar cookie shamrocks have cooled you can start the decorating process. I melted some white chocolate and spread it over each shamrock and sprinkled with green sugar.


Once everything was dry I packaged them in cellophane bags and tied them with shamrock ribbon - which I also picked up at Michael's for 40% off.


This is an easy way to pass out cookies for a classroom or sports team. Guess what? My baseball team snack day is Saturday, March 17th! Yes, I got the St. Patrick's Day snack! I will be making something super fun for the boys!


May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.  - Irish Blessing

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment