Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rainbow Oreo Lollipops

I made some rainbow Oreo lollipops because Saturday is my day to bring treats for the baseball team and that is Saint Patrick's Day! I made the treats even though they predict rain.


Melt some white chocolate and dip the very top of your lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and carefully wedge it into a Double-Stuff Oreo.


Once the lollipop sticks have set (about five minutes) you can dip the Oreo's into melted white chocolate and lay them on parchment paper to dry.


Once the white chocolate  is completely dry - start piping the rainbow lines. 


I started with some red lines. You can use red icing, or melted chocolate tinted red. I used red chocolate - I melted a few tablespoons in the microwave and put it in a plastic zipper bag and twisted the chocolate to the bottom and cut a small hole. This is how I piped each color.


I wish I had a steadier hand when piping small and intricate designs.


Once I piped all of my rainbow colors - I put a small glob of white chocolate at the end of the rainbow so that I could add the gold sprinkles.  Once everything was dry I packaged in a plastic bag and tied with a green ribbon.


Now comes the fun part! The display! I put a piece of Styrofoam at the bottom of my green basket and covered it with green Easter grass and placed my lollipops in the grass.


I use this green basket every year for St. Patrick's Day!


Although I am making these for St. Patrick's Day - they could also be made for a Religion class to reinforce a Noah's Ark lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment