Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peeps and Rice Crispy Treats


I made these treats for a CCD class that I teach on Tuesday afternoons. The kids loved them! I needed them for a 4 o'clock class - so I did a little cheat.


My cheat was I used the pre-made Rice Crispy treats.  So the first thing that I did was remove the wrappers and lay the Rice Crispy treats on parchment paper. Then I melted some white chocolate.


I placed the popsicle stick into a little melted chocolate and pushed it up about 1/4 the way up the Rice Crispy treat.  While I was waiting for the popsicle sticks to set - I separated the Peeps. And found some coordinating sprinkles.


The Peeps fit perfectly on the Rice Crispy treats!


Then I spread melted white chocolate on top of Rice Crispy treat and added sprinkles - then I pressed the Peep on top of the Rice Crispy treat.


Once the Peep is set on the chocolate and completely dry - you can package them in little bags and tie with coordinating ribbon. This project took less then a half hour to make 16 Peep Pops!

Make these for all your peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment