Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever!


I love cookies with cracks in them! These cookies came out perfect - just like the picture I saw on Pinterest. I found them on http://www.averiecooks.com and the recipe is perfect because it just makes 12 large cookies. And I had all of the ingredients in my cupboard and refrigerator.

Ingredients:

1 egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural or homemade - too runny)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
granulated sugar, for rolling

Directions:

In the bowl of a stand mixer combine egg, peanut butter, butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat on medium until mixture is combined and creamy.

Add the flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Beat on low speed until everything is incorporated.


Make 12 equal sized balls using a 1/4-measuring cup. Place the balls on a plate and press them down slightly.


Cover the plate with plastic wrap and put into the refrigerator to chill for a few hours.

Tic Toc - it has been almost 4 hours. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheets with Silpats. Place 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.

Roll each peanut butter ball in the sugar. Then place on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake 6 cookies at a time. Each cookie sheet should bake between 10 to 12 minutes. Start checking on the cookies after 10 minutes.


The cookies are done when the edges are set and the tops are crackled. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then place on a wire rack to continue cooling.


These cookies are soft and chewy! While I was making these cookies I was thinking about my Grandpa  because he used to make peanut butter cookies and send them to me when I was at sleep away  camps.


Make these for the peanut butter lover in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment