Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Maracas For Meals on Wheels



I have been making little treats each month for Meals on Wheels. For Cinco de Mayo I made some Maracas. I think they came out really cute! Now these took me a long time because I made over 50 - but if you just wanted to make a few it shouldn't take very long!


I found this pattern on the Michael's website. P.S. it is a pattern for kids! But I made a bunch of copies and patterns out of cardboard.


I cut out scrapbook paper and attached it to the photocopy with a glue stick. Then I added stickers and adhesive rhinestones. Then every single Maraca was coated with Modge Podge.


It took the Modge Podge a long time to dry.


Once the Modge Podge dried the Maracas were completely stiff - I was able to cut them out.


I left a little white around the Maracas because I planned to add an edge of pearl ribbon. I bought the pearl ribbon at Hobby Lobby. It was in the fabric section and they had a ton of colors in the pearl style of ribbon.


I bought the colored popsicle sticks at Hobby Lobby and wrote on them "Happy Cinco de Mayo."


Then I hot glued the popsicle sticks to the back of the Maracas.


Then each Maraca got a little pearl ribbon hot glued around the Modge-Podged section.


The pearl trim - just adds a little something extra!


I had black, white and silver pearl ribbon. So each of the Maracas is just a little bit different. These were really fun to make. They would make cute decorations for your Cinco de Mayo party. They would also be cute place cards for any Mexican Fiesta!

No comments:

Post a Comment