Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fresh Fruit, Dried Fig and Goat Cheese Salad


I had this fantastic salad at the Nordstrom Cafe last week and decided to recreate the recipe at home. 

This was so simple to make and would make a terrific lunch to serve to your ladies who lunch or after a tennis match.  I made this salad just for myself - so you would need to adjust the ingredients accordingly to the number of guests that you are serving.



Ingredients:

4 cups of  a salad Spring mix

3 tablespoons of goat cheese, cut into small chunks

4 large strawberries, cut into quarters

4 dried figs, cut into thirds

15 raspberries

15 blueberries

15 candied pecans

Fruit themed vinaigrette

Instructions:

Toss spring mix with two tablespoons of dressing. Or you might want to serve the dressing on the side.

Place the lettuce on the plate and sprinkle with the goat cheese, sliced strawberries, dried figs, raspberries, blueberries and candied pecans.


I bought the candied pecans at Trader Joe's.


I bought the dried figs and salad dressing at Sprouts.


My husband doesn't like figs - he was looking for something to eat yesterday and saw the dried figs and said, "Figs! Gross!"


The Pear White Balsamic Vinaigrette that I bought is calorie free! 


Let me know if you make this salad. I think your guests would be impressed.





No comments:

Post a Comment