Sunday, April 6, 2014

Restaurant Review - Jimmy's Famous American Tavern



I recently had dinner at Jimmy's Famous American Tavern in Dana Point. We had a wonderful experience. After reading some of the Yelp! Reviews,  I was unsure if we should even give this restaurant a try - I am so glad we did!

We were seated promptly (make sure to have reservations) I made my reservations on line. Many people were walking in (without reservations) and were told that the wait was over an hour.



We were given a really large and comfy booth. Our waitress came over right way and helped us select some wine and beer and we ordered the Southern Pimento Cheese Appetizer. It was described as cheddar paprika, roasted green chilies and tortilla chips. It was a perfect appetizer. Yum.  Now I want to google some recipes and try to create this dish at home.

Lately I have been ordering a lot of dishes with figs. I love figs! So of course I had to order the Pear, Black Fig Jam, Gorgonzola, Fontina and Arugula Fire Roasted Flat Bread. It was huge. It would make a great appetizer for a party of four or a main course. It was also fantastic.

My husband ordered the Santa Fe Burger  it had avocado, green chillies, jalapeƱos, Jack cheese, chipolte, aioli and came with fries. He said it was almost as good as the burger that he had at Gordon Ramsey's  BurGR restaurant in Las Vegas.

We also ordered the Skillet Mac & Cheese - it was really good. The menu said that it served two - but we couldn't finish it.

Our waitress cheerfully packed up all of our left overs for us to take home.

I am so sorry that I don't have any food photos - we went at 7 p.m. and it was starting to get dark outside and was dimly lit inside.

We are planning to go back for Brunch and I should be able to take some decent pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment