Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dining Room Redo



A few years ago after a tennis match Sandee and I toured a home for sale. They used the best colors to decorate this home. The dining room was white and navy blue and we both loved it

My dining room has a chair rail and underneath the chair rail it was painted red. My painter used a grey primer and painted three coats of red.  Since my dining room is open to the living room and my living room is open to my family room and my family room is open to the kitchen - I have little red accents in each room for the past ten years.



The red looks great with so many holiday themes. Christmas, Valentine's Day and of course 4th of July! I still love the red and if I ever have a home with a library - I am going to paint the walls red and have the shelves painted white.


The red looks wonderful with the white dining in room table - but like I said earlier - it has been TEN years.

Lately I have grown tired of the red. So I decided to have underneath the chair rail painted navy blue. I love it so much! Now I needed to fix up the chairs by removing the red and white polka dot fabric. Underneath the red and white polka dot fabric was the red and cream toile fabric. And now I have a blue and white gingham. My fingers are a mess after removing hundreds of upholstery staples.


What do you think of my new navy blue dining room? I absolutely love it! I have been spending an unbelievable amount of time looking for blue accessories. It is fun to freshen up for spring.


Blue and white is a classic combination - it will never really go out of style.








No comments:

Post a Comment