Monday, December 24, 2012

Mad About Plaid

I love my Spode Christmas Tree China. I recently read somewhere that it is the most popular pattern in the world. Wow! Anyway nothing says Christmas to me like my Christmas Tree china. This year I used a plaid table cloth from Williams Sonoma and it looks wonderful with my Spode china.


Now aren't you mad for plaid? I usually use a Pottery Barn polka dot placemat with my Christmas tree china. But I am just loving this plaid.


Noelle wanted to make ornaments with a music theme for her choir friends at church. So we made some plaid little bell ornaments.


Isn't this cute? It was simple project. You will need:

Holiday themed cookie cutter
Cardboard
Pen
Scissors
Holiday themed wrapping paper
Little bells
Glue gun
Ribbon or string
Holiday sticker


First trace the bell shape onto a piece of cardboard and cut the shape out carefully with sharp scissors. Then trace the bell shape onto some holiday wrapping paper and glue the wrapping paper to the piece of cardboard. Then using a glue gun adhere the little bell and string loop.


Some of the ornaments have holiday flowers and some have little gingerbread men buttons.


These are perfect little ornaments to give to your choir friends. And every time a bell rings means that an Angel has received their wings.


We also wrapped some miniature Hershey bars with plaid wrapping paper and put them in little pretzel bags and tied them with a plaid ribbon for Noelle to give to her friends at work.


Merry Christmas! And God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment