Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Basketball Treats

I made some treats for the basketball team. Popcorn with team colors and some basketball m&m and Reeses pieces tubes.


I put the popcorn bags in a basketball basket.


Our team colors are blue and orange - so I sorted through some bags of m&m's and pulled out the blue and orange and added them to the pre-made popcorn I bought at Trader Joe's.


I usually make my own popcorn with chocolate drizzle. Put I knew I was going to be pressed for time so I bought a few bags of this Kettle Corn.

Once I mixed the Kettle Corn and m&m's - I put a handful of the mixture into little bags. Tied them with an orange ribbon and put them in a basket. So easy!


I also made some m&m and Reese's pieces tubes. I made some with the brown m&m's left over from the popcorn project and the rest with orange and brown Reese's pieces.


The basketball on the top is from a piece of scrapbook paper - I just cut out a few basketballs and taped them to the top of the tube.

These would also make great party favors and you could adapt them to any sport or team color!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the little tubes for the candies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I order them from various internet sites. Sometime sites have a 500 piece minimum - so I split the order with friends. Some only have 100 minimum. Just Google 1" x 8" cellophane bags and 6 or 7 sites will come up and you can figure out the best deal for your project. Good Luck!

      Delete