Saturday, December 29, 2012

Clutter Really Bothers Me!

I am truly bothered by clutter. And I am always making lists of closets, drawers or cabinets that I want to clean out.

The most cluttered time of the year in my house is the month of December. It is my birthday and both of my kids also have December birthdays With the addition of the Christmas gifts and decorations my house starts to feel really cluttered.

So sometimes on Christmas evening I start taking down the Christmas decorations and putting gifts away. If I am too tired on Christmas evening I start really early on the 26th. So far I just left out my giant nutcrackers on the fireplace mantel and a basket of Christmas CD's and DVD's.

I was reading an article in the paper today and it basically said if you received a new sweater for Christmas that you should give two sweaters to Goodwill. The same goes for toys, books, and any other gifts. I went through a lot of clothes and kitchen items before the holiday. I was constantly making huge Goodwill bags. But perhaps the one new item delete two similar items is a good way to start removing some holiday clutter.

Thank you so much for reading my blog this past year. Now that I have put everything away I feel refreshed and ready to blog again! Plus I got a new camera for Christmas and I can't wait to take some really great pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment