Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes

From now until after Christmas I am going to try my hardest not to go to any craft stores. This is forcing me to use up supplies from my craft closet (it is currently overflowing).

So I didn't have any white chocolate - but I had green chocolate and white sprinkles. Side note:  I also need to stop buying sprinkles. And I thought the green with white sprinkles would look Christmasy on the candy canes.


To make this project you will need:

Candy canes
Parchment paper
Coordinating melting chocolate tabs
Coordinating sprinkles
Pretzel bags
Thin coordinating ribbon


Slowly and carefully unwrap the candy canes. Lay them out on parchment paper. Melt your chocolate and dip the bottom half of the candy cane into the melted chocolate then lightly sprinkle them with the coordinating sprinkles.


I dipped traditional candy canes and rainbow colored candy canes. They have candy canes in every color of the rainbow. 


Once the chocolate is dry you can package them into the pretzel bags and tie them with a matching ribbon.


I love how these turned out! They would perfect for a holiday party favor or an easy addition to your cookie tray. 

They would also be terrific treats for the classroom or sports team.

No comments:

Post a Comment