Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Love Making Fruit Tarts

I made a rectangle shaped Fruit Tart! I like to use different sized tart pans. I usually use this rectangle pan for a tomato based tart. But I was looking for my round tart pan and I realized that it would be fun to use my rectangle tart pan.



Ingredients:


CRUST

3/4 cup confectioner's sugar

 1 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup butter, room temperature


FILLING

8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract



FRUIT

Kiwi

Strawberries

Blueberries

Raspberries



This is a tricky way to have your kids eat more fruit. Use their favorite fruit and make a beautiful design. After I made this tart I saw some fantastic peaches. Perhaps I will make a tart with fresh peach slices next week.



Directions:

To make the crust:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Using a pastry blender blend the confectioner's sugar, flour and butter until a dough forms. Press the dough into the tart pan and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.

To make the filling:

Using a mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth. Spread the filling over the cooled crust.

Adding the fruit:

Wash and  dry your fruit. Cut the strawberries and kiwi into equal sized slices. Start making a design.with the fresh fruit.

Isn't this the easiest recipe? it is perfect to serve at a mid morning brunch or evening BBQ.



No comments:

Post a Comment