Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Themed Trail Mix



This is a wonderful snack to make for lunch boxes, after school treats or the team.


I used six ingredients - three salty and three sweet. From left to right - kettle corn, mini cheese crackers, mini pretzel twists, fall themed m&m's, mini marshmallows and candy corn.

You will also need some cellophane bags and twine or fall themed ribbon.


Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Add a cup of the mixture into each cellophane bag and tie with a twine bow.


I like to experiment with my trail mix ingredients. I was thinking that the above trail mix would have been great with the addition of some salted peanuts.


I hope this inspires you to make a fun trail fall trail mix! Use your family's favorite salty and sweet treats. They sell cellophane bags at Michael's and at Target (in the party section).


I put the trail mix in my metal pumpkin bucket. This would be so cute on your kitchen island or by the door so the kids can grab a treat to eat on the way to practice.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment