Saturday, September 15, 2012

Back-to-School Bus Treats

I like to put little Hot Wheel type buses on everyone's placemat for the first few weeks of school.


And I always make little back-to-school treats for a little homework incentive. This year I made some easy little school bus treats out of Hershey miniatures. They were so fun and easy to make.

You will need:

Yellow scrapbook or construction paper
Pencil
Ruler
Fine tipped black pen
Scissors
Tape
Hershey miniatures



The Mr. Goodbars are my favorite. I might have had a few while working on this project!



Using your ruler measure each bus in a 2 3/4 x 1 1/4 rectangle. Then measure from the bottom 3/4" from the bottom and draw a line. Hand draw the windows, doors and wheels. Write the words "school bus."


Using the fine tipped black pen - color in the windows, door and wheels. Write over the words "school bus." Then cut out each bus and place it around the Hershey miniature, tape the ends.


This is a fun project that your kids could help you make!


I filled the candy bowl that I keep on the end table in the living room. I wonder how long these will last?

Wishing everyone a successful school year! If you need to order some Hershey's miniatures click on the link below.



Hershey's Miniatures Pouch, Assorted, 40-oz. (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment