Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cherry Pie Filling

I made a jar of Cherry Pie Filling! I searched the internet for recipes and then made my own recipe based on the amount of cherries that I had.


My mason jar of cherry filling is in the refrigerator waiting for me to make a pie crust! 

This is so simple to make!



However, I suggest that before you start this recipe that you purchase a cherry pitter. See it in the lower right hand corner. You can buy one for less then $10. I bought mine at Sur la Table. It pops the pit out and keeps the cherry intact.

Ingredients:

5 cups of cherries, washed and pitted
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch 

Wash and pit the cherries and put them in a medium sized saucepan.


Add the water and lemon juice to the cherries and stir over medium heat.



Once the cherries start to pop and the mixture has started to boil. Reduce the heat and add the sugar and cornstarch. Stir constantly for 10 to 15 minutes. The mixture should really start to thicken.

Once the mixture has cooled you can put it in your sterlized mason jar. This mixture can be kept in the refrigerator for about two days! If you are short on time you can purchase a plain cheesecake and pour the homemade Cherry Pie Filling over the top. Yum! Or serve over vanilla ice cream. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment