Monday, May 28, 2012

Red, White and Blue HoHo's

I made these for a BBQ yesterday! And I wanted to post this last night but I was so tired when I got home.


I just bought a box of HoHo's! You will also need some extra long lollipop sticks, cello bags, ribbon and colored candy melts. I bought the HoHo's at Target and everything else at Michael's.


Simply unwrap all of the HoHo's and place them on a cookie sheet. Then melt a little chocolate and put a little of the melted chocolate on the end of each  lollipop stick. Place the lollipop stick about halfway into the HoHo and put the cookie sheet with the HoHo's into the freezer for about 10 minutes.


Then I melted a little cup of red candy melts and put the red melted chocolate in a zipper top bag and sniped off a little end and zig-zagged over the HoHo's.


Then I did the same thing with blue candy melts.


Then I did the same thing with white chocolate.



Once everything is dry - you can package the HoHo's in cellophane bags and tie them with coordinating ribbon.


In order the bring the HoHo's to the BBQ I put some dried beans in the bottom of a ceramic Flag themed cylinder so that the lollipop sticks would stand straight up.


I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day. Hopefully you can take a little time today and remember those who have served our country. Please remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment