Saturday, May 26, 2012

Indy 500 Cookies

Gentleman start your engines...... I made Indy 500 sugar cookies!


I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe. See the recipe on my number cookie post (December 29, 2011).
Using my ABC and number cookie cutters I cut out "Indy 500."


I decorated the cookies two ways! My son wanted checkerboard cookies and bright colored cookies.

First I will explain the checkerboard cookies. Spread the cookies with melted white chocolate. Once the chocolate is dry you can melt some milk chocolate and put it in a zipper bag. Snip a small end off and start making a grid and outlining the letters and numbers.

I usually decorate my cookies on parchment paper - but in the middle of this project I ran out of parchment paper! So I used foil! I am almost out of sugar also!


Once the grid design was dry - I went back in and made the checkerboard design. I took this photo with my left hand because my right hand was covered in chocolate.


I think they came out really cute! But don't look too close!


I also made some with bright colored sprinkles.


I just spread the cookie with some melted white chocolate and sprinkled them with bright colored sprinkles.


These will be great snacks tomorrow while watching the Indy 500! With a big glass of milk!

We miss you Dan Wheldon.

Please tell your friends about this blog if it is something that you think they will enjoy! And please sign up to be a follower so that I can reach my goal of 25 followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment