Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mustache Cookies


I made some fun mustache cookies on a stick for an after baseball game treat for the boys.  I decided to make these on the very last  Cinco de Mayo minute. So I just used some pre-made white frosting and sprinkled them liberally with black sanding sugar.


I bought these mustache cookie cutters at Michael's. A bow tie cookie cutter also came in the kit. They were on the wedding aisle in the party favor area.


I just used my favorite sugar cookie recipe and baked the mustaches with the lollipop stick underneath the mustache. I used Wilton white icing (it hardens quickly) to frost the mustaches.


Then I sprinkled the mustaches liberally with black sanding sugar.  After everything is completely dry - I shake the mustaches a little and start packing them in little cellophane bags and tied them with ribbon.


These would be a fun party favor for a Mario Cart party or even Father's Day! I made mine for a Cinco de Mayo treat - but I was a day late! with my post Sorry!





No comments:

Post a Comment