Friday, June 1, 2012

Fresh Fruit Tart

 

This is really easy to make - you can use your favorite fruit! I will probably post another fruit tart over the summer with pineapple and raspberries. Be creative!

Ingredients:

Crust

1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup butter, room temperature

 Crust Directions -

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a pastry blender, keep pressing until a dough forms. You could also make this dough in the food processor. But I really hate cleaning my food processor and our grandmother's did not have food processors. They used pastry blenders!

Press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with the removable bottom.  Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the crust is very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.



Filing

 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Then spread it evenly over the cooled crust.

Fruit Topping

Kiwi
Strawberries
Blueberries
Blackberries

Wash and cut the fruit. Try to find strawberries in the same size and cut them in half.  First I made a circle of kiwi, then strawberries. I filled in the extra area with blueberries. The I added the blackberries, and an extra row of strawberries filled in blueberries. So simple!

I did not use a glaze over the fruit. I think this fruit tart is perfect without a glaze. Make this for your next BBQ. Everyone will love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment