Friday, June 22, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels


I found this idea on Pinterest and found the recipe on the Life's too Short to Skip Dessert blog - check out her blog if you have a minute. She has a lot of great dessert ideas! This recipe was so easy and you only need four simple ingredients!

8 ounce pretzel twists (approximately 1/2 of a standard sized bag)
2/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon

Optional:

Cellophane bags
Ribbon

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. I took out the broken pieces - but you don't have to do this step!  I am just such a type "A" personality. Then place your pretzel twists in a roasting pan or casserole type dish.

In a medium bowl mix oil, sugar and cinnamon. Pour the sugar mixture over the pretzels and stir so that all the pretzels are coated.  Bake for 30 minutes - stirring every 10 minutes.

Let the pretzel's cool and serve them in a bowl or put them in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.



I put the cellophane bags in a bowl on my kitchen island so the kids could grab for the pool or beach snacks. These were so good - I have already made them twice!



I try to keep my kitchen counters clear! But as you can see this really never works out! This is a great summer snack to bring to a BBQ. Make two batches because they will go fast!

Are your kitchen counters clear of clutter?




No comments:

Post a Comment