Friday, December 1, 2017

My True Love Gave to Me a Partridge in a Pear Tree

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Partridge in a Pear Tree.


This year I am going to make the Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments. So on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

I sewed some "partridge" looking beads onto a felt pear. These were super easy to make!

Supply List:

green felt

dark green felt

brown felt

pear shaped cookie cutter or template

parrot/partridge beads or buttons

green embroidery thread

sharp scissors

embrodiary needle

cotton balls or stuffing

simple wire ornament hook



Directions:

Download a simple picture of a pear from the internet. My pear is small but if you were to work on this project with children you might want to make larger pears.

Lately I have been cutting felt using freezer paper. I have read about using freezer paper to cut felt and thought that it sounded like a hassle - but it was surprising easy.



So I printed a pear template from the internet. I traced the pear, leaf and stem onto the matte side of the freezer paper.


Then I ironed the shiny side down of the appropriate color of felt. Then cut out the patterns. The patterns can be used 3 or 4 times. The patterns cut out perfectly.

On the front of the pear sew the partridge bead or button.


I bought the partridge beads at Micheal's.


Then sew the front of the pear to the back of the pear - sewing in the leaf and stem. I used the blanket stitch to sew the two sides togather.  Before sewing the sides all the way togather add the cotton balls or stuffing. Then finish sewing the pear together.


Using a simple wire ornament hook - thread the hook through a stitch on the back of the ornament.

FYI-a partridge is a medium sized non-migratory game bird with a wide native distribution throughout Europe, Asia and parts of Africa.  They do not sit in pear trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment