Monday, December 4, 2017

My True Love Gave to Me Four Calling Birds


On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me four calling birds. This project has been super fun to create each day of Christmas.  The fourth day is actually four colly birds. But I wanted to use a telephone graphic so I went with four calling birds.

Supply List:

wooden round disks

yellow paint

paint brush

number 4 stickers

telephone sticker

Modge Podge

branch pieces

hot glue gun

glue sticks

bird beads or buttons

black ribbon


I painted the wooden disks with yellow paint. I bought these wooden disks at Michael's for .29  a piece.


Then I Modge Podged the number 4 sticker and telephone sticker at the top of the disk.


On my morning walk I picked up a bunch of small thin branches.


I broke the branches into pieces that would fit on the disk and hot glued the branch onto the disk.


I found some silver bird beads at Michael's.


And I glue gunned four bird beads onto the branch.


Once the front of the ornament is completely dry it can be turned over and a black ribbon loop can be glued on. 


My photos didn't turn out that great because I made these on a gray and rainy day.

FYI - The line four calling birds is the Americanization of the traditional English word four colly birds. Colly is a dialect word meaning black and refers to the European blackbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment