Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crab Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce



This year on Fridays during Lent I have bee making Crab Cakes. I am kind of obsessed with making the perfect Crab Cake. I didn't post last week's Crab Cake recipe - because it was a rush to get dinner on the table.

I have already started researching my Crab Cake recipe for next Friday!

This Friday I used Paul Dean's recipe - I love her recipes, wonderful attitude and personality. Plus her recipe received five stars. It was a really easy recipe. I had everything I needed except the crabmeat. Last week I bought my crabmeat at Sprouts and this week I bought fresh crabmeat at Trader Joe's.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of fresh crabmeat

1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers

3 green onions,  finely chopped (both green and white)

1/4 cup mayonaise

1 egg

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1/2 lemon, juiced

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

dash of cayenne pepper

flour for dusting

1/2 cup peanut oil

Directions:

In a large bowl mix in all the ingredients except for the flour and peanut oil.



Shape the crab mixture into patties - dust each side the of the Crab Cake in the flour. I made 10 good sized patties with this recipe.

Heat the peanut oil and fry the Crab Cakes in batches. I did three at a time. I fried them about three to four minutes on each side.  Place them on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the oil. Serve warm. The Food Network website recommended serving Crab Cakes with a Chardonnay.




I have been making Paula Dean's Lemon Dill Sauce to serve with these Crab Cakes - I also use it on salads and potatoes. It is fantastic.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

1/4 cup buttermilk

2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves

1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 clove finely minced garlic

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour - the flavors will blend and the sauce will thicken. Paula actually uses 1 cup of mayo. But once I was super low on mayo so I used sour cream and my husband loved it - so that is how I make it now! With 1/2 cup of each sour cream and mayonnaise.


I often serve my Crab Cakes onto of a salad.


How to get your kids to eat this? Tell them it is a Sponge Bob Crabby Patty!

No comments:

Post a Comment