Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Forty Bags in Forty Days

I got the idea idea from White House Black Shutters website. She suggests getting rid of 40 bags of clutter and stuff that you don't need over the 40 days of Lent.  Tomorrow (Ash Wednesday) I am going to start this project. Since my son has been home sick for two days and will most likely be staying home from school tomorrow I need a project.  I made homemade conversation hearts but have been unable to run to Michael's to get some edible markers to write on the hearts.

Do you watch any decorating shows on HGTV? On Love It or List It the family always has a ton of crap. The state of these homes sometimes makes me really anxious.

Tomorrow I will post some pictures of my bags!

P.S. My son went to school on Wednesday - he said he was feeling much better. But I think he wanted to play video games. I always say if you are too sick to go to school you are too sick to play video games.

But regardless I made three huge bags of clothes, baskets, craft supplies and put them in the garage. Before I could take a photo my husband took them to Goodwill.

Here is a list of my bags:

1. Bag of clothing (for Goodwill)

2. Bag of craft supplies (for Goodwill)

3. Bag of kitchen items (for Goodwill)

4. Bag of food (for Food Pantry)

5. Bag of cans and bottles (for Recycling Center)

6. Bag of cans and bottles (for Recycling Center)

7. Bag of food (for Food Pantry)

8. Bag of linens (for Goodwill)

9. Bag of kitchen items (for Goodwill)

10. Bag of misc. (craft supplies, kitchen misc and clothes) (for Goodwill)

11. Bag of stuffed animals (Goodwill)

12. Bag of food items (for Food Pantry)

13. Box of paper items - mostly magazines, catalogs, junk mail (for recycling center)

14. Bag of bedding/linens (For Goodwill)

15. Bag of Toys (for Goodwill)

16. Bag of Food (for Food Pantry)

17. Misc, Household items (for Goodwill)

18. Bag of soda cans and water bottles (for Recycling Center)

20. Bag of soda cans and water bottles (for Recycling Center)

21. Bag of old magazine and catalogs  (Church Recycling Project0

22. Bag of old magazines and catalogs (Church Recycling Project)

23. Bag of kitchen items (for Goodwill)

24. Bag of clothing (for Goodwill)

25. Bag of papers/misc. paperwork (Church Recycling Project)

26. Craft supplies (for Goodwill)

27. Kitchen misc. (for Goodwill)

28. Bag of papers (for Church Recycling Project)

29. Bag of food (for Food Pantry at Church)

30. Bag of magazines and catalogs (for Church Recycling Program)

31 Bag of cans and bottles (for Church Recycling)

I feel like a big loser! I only got to 31 bags before Easter! But today I cleaned out my pantry and made a food bag for the church food pantry. So I think I will keep going to 40 - even if it takes me a few more week.

31. Bag of food (for Food Pantry)

32. Bag of clothes (for St. Vincent de Paul)

33. Bag of clothes (for St. Vincent de Paul)

34. Bag of food (for Food Pantry)

35. Bag of cans and plastic bottles (for Recycling Center)

36. Bag of cans and plastic bottle (for Recycling  Center)

37. Bag of clothes (For Neighborhood Garage Sale)

38. Bag of toys (For Neighborhood Garage Sale)

39. Bag of books (For Neighborhood Garage Sale)

40. Back of DVD's (For Neighborhood Garage Sale)

I did it! Forty Bags!














No comments:

Post a Comment