Friday, February 8, 2013

Rice Crispy Treat Heart Lollipops

Today I made some sweet little Rice Crispy treat lollipops. I was looking in my Valentine craft box for a mini heart cookie cutter because in a few days I want to make homemade conversation hearts. And I found one and decided to use it to make some sweet little lollipops.


To make these lollipops your will need:

Rice Crispy treats - homemade or store bought

Lollipop sticks

Parchment paper

Pink chocolate tabs

Mini heart cookie cutter

Large heart sprinkle

Little plastic bags

Coordinating ribbon



Using your mini heart cookie cutter - cut out a bunch of little hearts. Place the little hearts on parchment paper and melt one cup of the pink chocolate tabs. Put the end of the lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and wiggle it into the bottom of the heart.


Using a small appetizer knife I spread the top of each heart with the melted pink chocolate and topped it with a large heart sprinkle. Let dry.


Now you can package the sweet little lollipops into plastic bags and tie them with a coordinating ribbon.

These would be a great classroom or sports team treat. I make little Valentine treat bags and pass them out to my neighbors.

This week I am going to try to make homemade conversation hearts - hopefully they will turn out perfect and be blog worthy.





No comments:

Post a Comment