Friday, February 1, 2013

Homemade Lip Gloss - 2 Ingredients



For this project you will need:

Petroleum jelly

Cocoa

Small containers

Little doo-dads

Labels or stickers

Paper cups and plastic spoons

I bought my small containers at JoAnne's Fabrics in the bead section. They were intended for bead storage. But you could probably buy small containers at any craft store.


Sorry about the horrible picture! I got a new camera for Christmas and I am still learning how to use it!



Buy a new tub of Petroleum Jelly. Now there is no recipe because I don't know how big your containers are and how many lip glosses you want to make!


I use a paper cup and spoon because this is very messy. So I put a glob of Petroleum Jelly in a paper cup and put it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Until it is very melted. Be careful when you remove the cup from the microwave - it is hot. Stir in a few teaspoons of  cocoa.


Using the plastic spoon start filling the little containers.  This is really messy. After this project my hands wee really soft. Gently wipe the sides of the container with a napkin or paper towel and put the lid on the container.



Now you can decorate the top of the containers. I happened to have the little lips - they were in the Valentine package that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I used the hearts that came in the package on my m&m hearts.


I made these for Valentine's Day. However, you could make them for any holiday, team treat or birthday party favor.


Wasn't this an easy project? And perfect for this time of the year our lips are so dry and chapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment