Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quiche Made Simple

I make quiche all the time. It is a light and delicious lunch with a small salad or a hearty breakfast with a  side of fresh fruit.


I always use leftover vegetables, cheese and meat. Then just add eggs and bake! But I will show you my super easy method.


I had some extra tomatoes and basil leftover from a pasta sauce recipe. I had left over ham from sandwiches that I made to take to Christian's baseball game. I also had leftover cheese and green onions leftover from taco night. Get the picture? So I chopped and diced all my leftovers and added them to a frozen deep dish pie crust.


Now I make a decision should I add three or four eggs? So I decided that I had a lot of meat, cheese and vegetables and only needed three eggs.


So I whisked three eggs with one cup of heavy cream. If you don't have heavy cream you could use milk or half-and-half. Then sprinkle the mixture with a little salt and pepper.


Pour the egg mixture over the veggies, meat and cheese. Three eggs were perfect - four would have been too much. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Let the quiche cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.


Was I right? So easy and a great way to use up your leftovers. This would also make a great brunch recipe - just serve with fresh fruit and a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment