Thursday, June 16, 2011

Red, White and Blue Strawberries

I was going to make a special cake for my Dad's birthday - but I know that I won't have time. So I am going to buy one of his favorite desserts - an apple pie.

But I can't just have a store bought dessert. So I made some red, white and blue strawberries. I think I mentioned it on an earlier post - but I will say it again - my Dad's birthday is on Flag Day. Thus, the red, white and blue strawberries.


The first thing you should do is to wash the strawberries and make sure that they are completely dry before you start melting the chocolate.


Place a toothpick in the middle of each strawberry. And dip the strawberries into the melted white chocolate using the toothpick to dip them in the chocolate. Then hold the strawberry over the blue sugar bowl and using a small spoon- sprinkle the bottom third of the strawberry with the blue sugar. Then place the strawberries on parchment paper so that the chocolate can harden. Once the strawberries are completely dry - you can remove the toothpick.


I placed my strawberries on a simple white platter to show off the beautiful colors.


I made these for my Dad's birthday - but you could make them for the 4th of July. So easy to make!


I bought the blue sugar at Williams-Sonoma - but I am sure that they also have a blue sugar at Michael's.

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment