Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mini Donuts

I made some mini donuts! They were so easy to make. I bought two mini donut pans at La Sur Table and followed the recipe on the back of the donut pan. These donuts are baked not fried.



Baked Mini Cake Donuts

1 1/4 cup cake flour, sifted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray the mini donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, egg and butter. Stir until just combined. Fill each donut cup approximately 1/2 full. I put the mixture inside of a large ziplock bag and sniped a corner of the bag and used this method to fill the mini donut cups.

This recipe said that it made 24 mini donuts - but I was able to squeeze 36 donuts from the above recipe.

Bake for 4 - 6 minutes. I only baked for four minutes. You should bake until the top of the donut springs back when touched. Let cool in the pan for five minutes. I used a knife to pop the donuts out of the pan.




There was also a glaze recipe on the back of the pan - BUT I decided to dip the top of the donuts in melted chocolate and then use rainbow sprinkles.


These are so little and cute!!!


My husband and kids loved them!


Don't these look professional? And they didn't take very long to make - although I did need to buy cake flour and buttermilk!

The next time I make them I will dip them in blue chocolate with white sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment