Monday, February 28, 2011

Oreo Lollipops For St. Patrick's Day

I have always wanted to make Oreo Lollipops. So today I finally made them! However there is a learning curve.


I found Cool Mint Oreo's today at Ralph's.



I think that the mint is perfect for St. Patrick's Day.


Seriously, don't you love the green creme filing.


The first thing that you need to do is melt some white chocolate. Then dip the top of your lollipop stick in to the melted white chocolate - then wedge the melted part of the lollipop stick slowly into the Oreo. I broke several Oreo's in the lollipop stick process. Let the lollipop sticks dry inside the Oreo's for about five minutes.


Now dip the Oreo's in the melted white chocolate - do this slowly as well - because I broke some of the Oreo's in the dipping process. Once you have dipped the Oreo's in the chocolate twist them a little so that the extra chocolate drips off. Then lay the dipped Oreo on parchment paper to harden.


Now melt some green chocolate and use a fork to splatter the melted green chocolate over the Oreo's. Once the Oreo's are completely dry you can package them.




I had the plastic baggies in my craft closet. But I did not have any green ribbon (shocker). But I found some gold ribbon which I think relates to St. Patrick's Day - you know the pot of gold under the rainbow.

I think these would be a really cute birthday party favor - you can dip the Oreo's into any color of chocolate and add sprinkles or splatters in any color to match your party color scheme.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments: