Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Peppermint Sprinkled Brownies

I am getting a new refrigerator in the next few days - so I have been grocery shopping for two days at a time. So tonight Todd brought home Chick-fil-A and the bag said on the side that they had Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes - Eggnog has officially been replaced!

So I thought about going back to Chick-fil-A to ring in the season with a hand spun Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake. But instead I decided to make brownies with a crushed peppermint topping.



So make your favorite brownie mix from a box or scratch. Then I used this Wilton brownie/cake cutter to make cute rectangle shapes.


I got this Wilton brownie/cake cutter at Michael's and I used the 40% off coupon from the Sunday circular.



The trick to cutting your brownies using the Wilton cutter - is to make sure that they are completely cool. That means waiting an hour or so before you cut your brownies!


I used the Pillsbury Easy Frosting that I LOVE! It pipes on like you are a professional cakes decorator.
I also used the crushed peppermints from Williams Sonoma. However, you can crush your own mints or candy canes.



This is a picture of the brownies with just the frosting - they already look yummy!


And here is the finished product - everyone loved them! This would be an original item to bring to the cookie exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment