Saturday, December 4, 2010

Chocolate Covered Candy Canes

I made these cute candy canes today! Candy canes come in so many colors - but I just used the standard red and white candy canes.


The hardest part of this recipe is taking the wrapper off each candy cane.


Once you take the wrapper off each candy cane - lay them on parchment paper.


Now melt some chocolate. I use the above Wilton Chocolate Pro to melt my chocolate and it never hardens like a microwaved chocolate. I bought it from Michael's it was $30 and I used my 40% off coupon from the Sunday circular. I have also seen it at JoAnne's Fabrics and Party City. If you melt chocolate for a lot of recipes - this is a fabulous product!


Now dip the candy cane in the chocolate. Just dip the candy cane about half way. You could place the chocolate on the curved half or the straight half - I did it both ways.


Once the chocolate has been dipped you can quickly add sprinkles. The chocolate and sprinkles will harden in about 15 minutes. Then package in a pretzel bag and tie with a ribbon.


Don't these look festive?



I placed the finished product in a basket - because I am a basket lady. I saw some really colorful candy canes that would look great with dark chocolate - I think I will try that next!

This is a really cute classroom or sports team treat.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment