Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Homemade Oatmeal Packets



Today I made some oatmeal packets. I decided to make some Apple, Brown Sugar and Walnut oatmeal!


I found some brown wax paper sandwich bags and labels in my craft cabinet. I do not remember where I bought the brown wax bags or fancy labels. Sorry!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup quick oats

2 tablespoons dried apples (finely chopped)

1 tablespoon walnuts (finely chopped)

2 tablespoons brown sugar

pinch of salt

Directions:

Combine the above ingredients in a small bowl and put them into a snack sized zipper bag or wax paper bag. Put a label on your little baggie.

You could always add a little extra brown sugar if you like a sweeter oatmeal. To serve just add boiling water or warm milk.

Top with your favorite fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment