Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simple Valentine Treats


I used the vases I made from the tin cans to hold brownies, pretzels and heart shaped lollipops.


I dipped some pretzel rods in pink melted chocolate and used Valentine themed sprinkles to decorate them.  Once they are dry they can be packaged into pretzel bags and tied with ribbon.


I also made some Valentine lollipops made out of mini candy canes.


Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Lay the mini candy canes out into heart shapes leaving room to add lollipop sticks on parchment paper. Bake for 3 minutes.Perhaps your oven or candy cane brand might take a minute longer.


Once the hearts come out of the oven - pinch a lollipop stick into the bottom of the heart. Be careful the candy cane is hot and sticky. Once the heart lollipop is hard - remove it from the parchment paper and place in a small plastic bag and tie with a ribbon.


Then I added little bags of brownies (the brownie pictures turned out awful) but we all know what brownies look like, pretzels and lollipops to the Valentine teases.


I hope you have a romantic Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment