Monday, December 5, 2016

Ugly Sweater Ornaments - Day 5 of the Twelve Days of Ornaments


I love making these Ugly Sweater Ornaments! And you can use up any stickers, rhinestones or beads that you have in your craft cabinet. This is also a fun project for teen girls to make.

Supply List:

Shirt shaped cookie cutter

Red, white and green felt

Black marker

Sharp small scissors

Christmas themed stickers

Christmas colored adhesive rhinestones

Tiny white pom poms

Christmas colored small beads

Ornament hook

Tacky glue

Scotch tape 

Red, white and green embroidery thread 

Needles


Directions:

Using the fine tip black marker trace the shirt cookie cutter. Or make your own cardboard patter,



I usually trace a bunch of sweaters at the same time.


Then I cut out a ton of shirts at the same time.



I sorted through my craft cabinet and found all sorts of stickers, mini beads and buttons, rhinestone stickers etc.



On the front of each sweater place one large sticker.


Try to find colorful stickers with some dimension.


On the back part of the bottom sweater tape or use tacky glue to adhere the ornament hook.


Sew some buttons or beads on the top piece and then sew both pieces together in a contrasting thread with a blanket stitch.


Each sweater should look a little different! Sequins would also look cute sewn on these sweaters.


I was also thinking of sewing little snowflakes on the sweater. But then I decided to use up some of my supplies - making room to buy more craft supplies.


A set of Ugly Sweater ornaments would make a cute hostess gift, They would also look cute tied onto the top of a Christmas gift. Or used as an invitation to an ugly sweater party.

I will NEVER wear an ugly sweater! I can only make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment