Monday, December 12, 2016

Felt Advent Wreath - Day 12 of the Twelve Days of Ornaments


I was originally going to make an Angel for the last ornament and I even cut out all of the angel components out of felt and changed my mind and made this Advent wreath. I found the pattern and directions on the www.wildolive.blogspot.com  and then I modified the pattern to fit my needs and the felt I had on hand.

Supply List:

Pattern from Wild Olive blog

Black pen

Scissors

Pinking shears

Turquoise felt

Green felt

Purple felt

Pink felt

Yellow felt

Embroidery thread in green, yellow, purple and pink

Purple thin ribbon

Hand sewing needle



Cut out the components to make the ornaments and lay them out in order.



The turquoise felt is cut with pinking shears. On the turquise felt sew the purple candles on with purple thread - leaving room for the pink candle.


Next sew the pink candle and yellow flames with coordinating threads.


Sew the wreath beneath the candles and the sew the turquoise felt onto the green felt - sewing the purple ribbon in at the top.


Wishing you a blessed Advent season.







No comments:

Post a Comment