Monday, June 24, 2013

Tommy Bahama Asian Slaw



My husband loves the Tommy Bahama Asian Slaw! But when I started to research the recipe online - there were at least five different variations. All of the recipes had shredded green cabbage, red onions and jicama.

But some had more or less of each ingredient. Some recipes called for flat leaf parsley and some had cilantro.

Why am I telling you this? Probably because I will be making the other four recipes!

Ingredients:

4 ounces green cabbage, shredded thin

2 ounces red onion, sliced thin, into half moons

2 ounces jicama, peeled and julienned

1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice

Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Toss all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Chill for 1/2 hour or longer.



I served this Asian Slaw inside some Pulled Pork Sliders. It was fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment