Saturday, June 8, 2013

Strawberry Muffins


Today I made some muffins with fresh strawberries. Yum! I love fresh strawberries. I had to do something different with the strawberries I bought this week. I have been making Strawberry Spinach salad every other day for about two weeks!

Recipe adapted from the Barefoot Contessa

Ingredients:

3 cups all purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon soda

1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon

 1 1/4 cup milk

2 eggs, lightly beaten\

2 sticks unsalted butter, melted2 cups diced fresh strawberries

1 1/4 cup sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners - this recipe makes 18 muffins.

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk to make sure that all of the dry ingredients are combined.

In a 2 cup glass measuring cup combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter.

Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient bowl - pour the wet ingredients into the well and mix until the ingredients are just combined.

Gently fold in the strawberries and granulated sugar. The batter will be a little lumpy.

Fill each of the muffin cups with batter.


Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.


Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Then I displayed them on a wire cake plate.


These would be perfect to serve to serve to overnight guests. The house smelled fantastic while they were baking.


I can't wait to have one of these muffins tomorrow morning.


I will be making a few more strawberry recipes when Wimbledon starts in a few weeks. I was sad that Maria lost to Serena this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment