Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine Sugar Cookies

I love to bake! I find it relaxing.  Today I made two types of Valentine cookies the traditional hearts and I spelled Love with my ABC cookie cutters.


I have been using this sugar cookie recipe-

Ingredients:

 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla

Directions:

In a medium bowl combine flour and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg, corn syrup and vanilla.

Add flour mixture one-third at a time and mix throughly after each addition. Divide dough in half and make two disks. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Tic-tock. Ir has been two hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and cut out your love letters and hearts.


I love spelling words with my ABC cookie cutters. Bake the cookies for 7 to 9 minutes.


Cool cookies completely before you begin the decorating process.


I used this Betty Crocker icing and Wilton white sprinkles to decorate the LOVE cookies.


I used the Betty Crocker icing on the heart cookies and used light pink sprinkles for the finishing touch!

Perhaps you should make these for your Valentine?

No comments:

Post a Comment